Acura NSX: Collectible or Forgettable?

When I was entering high school, I helped my dad restore a 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado. (By “helped,” I mean “watched,” but I still felt involved just by being there as he worked!)

As the Barrett-Jackson auction in Arizona ended last week, I remembered that old Toronado and wondered which cars from today my son might someday collect or even restore. Of course there isn’t a scientific way to predict what models will skyrocket in value, but we can certainly take educated guesses.

Below are four modern cars I believe will eventually sit behind red ropes at auctions or await restoration in garages across America.

escalade1

I could’ve really used any full-size American SUV here - the Suburban, the Navigator, the Yukon, etc. I think the Escalade is unique, because it’s the only one that has taken on an image like no others: A symbol of excess used by athletes and rappers nationwide. In 40 years or so, we’ll look back on these and remember a time when America truly believed that size mattered.

2006 Scion xB Release Series 4.0

Cars that influence the design of their competitors’ cars are truly innovative, and the xB came along at a time when there was nothing like it. Soon we had the Honda Element and Ford Flex. The first Scion xB will be remembered and collected because of the impression it has made on today’s youth.

2008-shelby-gt500kr1

The Mustang is a perennial collectible… I still fantasize about one day having a cherry red ’65 in my garage. The Shelby GT500KR is the version of Mustang today that is rare enough to warrant collectibility in the future. Buy one now and watch as its value increases over the coming decades.

nsx

Honda recently scrapped their plans to build a new NSX, but the ones in existence are primed to take on a near-mythical quality. This is the car that caused Ferrari to rethink their build quality, for goodness sakes. Find one now and pay what you must for it, because this car will bring in even bigger bucks in the future, assuming you (or your grandkids) are ever ready to sell it.

Which modern cars do you think will be collected in the future?

-tgriffith

 



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий